Akatinol Memantine (Acatinol Memantine, Memantinum) – a muscle relaxant central action. As a non-competitive antagonist of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors, exerts a modulatory effect on the glutamatergic system. Adjusts ion transport, blocks calcium channels, normalizes membrane potential, improves the process of transmission of nerve impulses, improves cognitive processes, memory and learning ability, improves activities of daily living.
As a non-competitive antagonist of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors, exerts a modulatory effect on the glutamatergic system. Adjusts ion transport, blocks calcium channels, normalizes membrane potential, improves the transmission of nerve impulses. Improves cognitive processes, increases the activities of daily living.
- Dementia Alzheimer’s type, vascular dementia, mixed dementia of all severities.
- Reduced memory capacity for concentration and learning ability.
- Cerebral and spinal spastic syndrome, including as a result of traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, stroke.
- individual hypersensitivity to the drug;
- pronounced renal dysfunction;
- Children up to age 18 years (due to lack of data).
- seizures (including history);
- myocardial infarction;
- heart failure.
In an application with drugs L-dopa, dopamine agonists, anticholinergics the last action can be strengthened. In an application with barbiturates, neuroleptics last action can be reduced. In a joint application may change (increase or decrease) the effect of dantrolene or baclofen, so drugs dosage should be adjusted individually. Avoid co-administration with amantadine, ketamine and deksametorfanom. Perhaps an increase in plasma levels of cimetidine, procainamide, kinidina, kinin and nicotine when taken with memantine. Perhaps the decline in the level of hydrochlorothiazide at simultaneous reception with memantine.
Akatinol Memantine Inside, during a meal. Dosage is determined individually. Initiate therapy with the recommended destination minimally effective doses.
Adults with dementia during the 1st week of treatment – 5 mg / day, 2nd week – at a dose of 10 mg / day, the 3rd week – at a dose of 15-20 mg / day. If necessary, may further increase a weekly dose of 10 mg to achieve a daily dose – 30 mg.
The optimal dose is achieved gradually by increasing the dose every week.
In patients with Alzheimer’s disease at the stage of moderate to severe dementia usually impair the ability to drive vehicles and management of complex mechanisms. Furthermore, memantine may cause a change in the reaction rate, so patients receiving treatment on an outpatient basis, you should be particularly careful when driving or operating machinery.
- Comes in original packaging. Item is brand new and unopened.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep locked and away from children.
- Store in dry place at room temperature.
- Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Important notice– the outer box design may vary before prior notice!