Aminalon (Acidum gammaaminobutyricum) – nootropic agent, restores metabolism in the brain contributes to glucose utilization by the brain and the removal from it of toxic metabolic products. Increases productivity of thinking, it improves memory, a positive effect on the recovery of movement and speech after cerebrovascular accidents. It has a slight hypotensive effect, reduces the initial high blood pressure and severity of symptoms caused by hypertension (dizziness, insomnia), slightly slows the heart rate. It has a moderate anti-hypoxic and anticonvulsant effect. In patients with diabetes reduces the content of glucose, with normal blood glucose has the opposite effect (by glycogenolysis).
The mechanism of action is associated with the ability to activate aminalona gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) – and GABAB receptor types. Activation of GABA receptors leads to the opening of chloride channels, chloride ions entering the cell and decrease neuron activity. GABAB receptor activation is accompanied by increasing neuron metabolic processes, increase glucose transport into the cell, increasing biosynthesis of RNA and protein in a neuron.
Aminalon normalizes neurotransmitter dynamics of processes in the central nervous system, increases the productivity of thinking, improves memory trace consolidation processes, a positive effect on the recovery of motor and speech functions after ischemic attacks.
Aminalon has moderate antigipoksicheskoy and anticonvulsant activity, raises the threshold of convulsive readiness, reduces the frequency of seizures, not significantly affecting their duration.
It has a mild hypotensive activity, reduces the initial high blood pressure (BP) and the associated symptoms (dizziness, insomnia). Slightly slows the heart rate.
In individuals with diabetes reduces the level of fasting blood glucose. In healthy can have the opposite effect by stimulating glycogenolysis.
- Residual effects: traumatic brain injury, stroke;
- cerebrovascular insufficiency, encephalopathy with memory impairment, attention, speech, dizziness, and headache;
- alcoholic encephalopathy, alcoholic polyneuropathy, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain effects of birth trauma in children, mental retardation, a symptom of motion sickness (sea and air sickness).
- Children under the age of 1 year.
- Acute renal failure.
- Pregnancy (I term).
- lability of blood pressure,
In the first days of treatment are possible fluctuations in blood pressure.
Inside, and food. The daily dose for adults – 3 – 3.75 g; for children 1 – 3 years – 1 – 2 g / day, 4 – 6 years – 2 – 3 g / day, over 7 years – 3 g / day. The daily dose divided into 3 admission. Treatment is carried out for a long time (more than 2 – 3 weeks to 2 – 4 months). For the purpose of preventing and treating motion sickness syndrome, adult – 0.5 g, children – 0.25 g of 3 times per day for 3 – 4 days.
- Comes in original packaging. Item is brand new and unopened.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Keep locked and away from children.
- Store in dry place at room temperature.
- Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Important notice– the outer box design may vary before prior notice!