Trade name of the drug – Cycloferon
Dosage Form: solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration.
meglumine acridonacetat based on acridone-acetic acid 125.0 mg prepared according to the following recipe:
acridonacetat acid 125.0 mg
N-methylglucamine (meglumine), 96.3 mg
Water for injection to 1.0 ml
transparent liquid of yellow color.
Pharmacotherapeutic group: immunostimulatory agent.
ATX code: L03AH.
pharmacological properties of Cycloferon
Cycloferon is an interferon inducer is a small molecule, which defines a wide range of its biological activity (antiviral, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory and others.).
The main cells-producers of interferon after injection Cycloferon are macrophages, T- and B-lymphocytes. Depending on the type of infection occurs predominance of a particular activity mediated immunity. The drug induces high titers of interferon in organs and tissues, containing lymphoid elements (spleen, liver, lungs), activates the bone marrow stem cells, stimulating the formation of granulocytes. TSikloferon activates T-lymphocytes and natural killer cells, normalizes the balance between subpopulations of T-helper and T-suppressor. It enhances the activity of interferon-alpha.
Cycloferon effective against tick-borne encephalitis virus, influenza, hepatitis, herpes, cytomegalovirus, human immunodeficiency virus, papilloma virus and other viruses. In acute viral hepatitis diseases Cycloferon prevents transition to the chronic form.
At the stage of the primary manifestations of HIV infection contributes to the stabilization of indicators of immunity.
The high efficiency of the drug in complex therapy acute and chronic bacterial infections (neural infections, chlamydia, bronchitis, pneumonia, postoperative complications, urogenital infections, peptic ulcer disease) as a component of immunotherapy.
Cycloferon exhibits high efficiency in rheumatic and systemic connective tissue diseases by suppressing autoimmune reactions and providing anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
When administered the maximum tolerated dose maximum concentration achieved within 1-2 hours after 24 hours in the blood preparation is found in trace amounts. It overcomes the blood-brain barrier. The half-life is 4-5 hours. Not accumulates in the body for prolonged use.
Indications for Cycloferon
Adults in complex therapy:
– HIV infection (stages 2A – 2B);
– Neuroinfections: serous meningitis and encephalitis, tick-borne borellioz (Lyme disease);
– Viral hepatitis A, B, C, D;
– Herpes and cytomegalovirus infection;
– Secondary immunodeficiency associated with acute and chronic bacterial and fungal infections;
– Chlamydial infections;
– Rheumatic and systemic connective tissue diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus);
– Degenerative diseases of the joints: osteoarthritis deformans, etc..
Children from the age of four in complex therapy:
– Viral hepatitis A, B, C, D;
– Herpes infection;
– HIV infection (stages 2A – 2B).
Contraindications for Cycloferon
hypersensitivity to the drug,
children up to 4 years.
Cycloferon Dosage and Administration
Cycloferon used intramuscularly or intravenously once a day for the basic pattern: a day. The duration of treatment depends on the disease.
1. When herpes and cytomegalovirus infections the drug is administered to the standard regimen of 10 injections of 0.25, the total dose of 2.5 g Treatment is most effective at the start of exacerbation of the disease.
2. When neuroinfections drug is administered to the standard regimen. The treatment of 12 injections of 0.25-0.5 g in combination with a causal therapy. The total dose of 3-6 Repeated courses are held as needed.
3. When chlamydial infections the drug is administered to the standard regimen. The treatment course of 10 injections of 0.25, the total dose of 2.5 g Repeated treatment is carried out in 10-14 days. It is advisable to mix Cyclopheron with antibiotics.
4. In acute viral hepatitis A, B, C, D, and mixed forms of the drug is administered to the standard regimen of 10 injections of 0.5, the total dose of 5.0 g When protracted course of repeated infection rate of 10-14 days.
In chronic viral hepatitis B, C, D, and mixed forms of the drug is administered to the standard regimen of 10 injections of 0.5 g, then the maintenance dose 3 times per week for three months as part of combination therapy. Recommended in combination with interferons and chemotherapy. Repeat the course of 10-14 days.
5. HIV infection (stages 2A – 2B) the drug administered to the standard regimen of 10 injections of 0.5 g and then the maintenance dose once every three days for 2.5 months. Repeat the course in 10 days.
6. In immunodeficiency the course of treatment of 10 intramuscular injections for the standard regimen in a single dose of 0.25, the total dose of 2.5 g Repeated courses in 6-12 months.
7. In rheumatic and systemic connective tissue diseases 4 courses of 5 injections of 0.25 g on the basic scheme with an interval of 10-14 days. Repeated courses are held on the doctor’s recommendation.
8. In degenerative joint diseases two courses for 5 injections of 0.25 g on the basic scheme with an interval of 10-14 days. Repeated courses are held on the doctor’s recommendation.
In pediatric practice Cycloferon used intramuscularly or intravenously once a day for the basic pattern: a day. Daily therapeutic dose is 6-10 mg / kg body weight.
1. In acute viral hepatitis A, B, C, D, and mixed forms of the drug is administered to the standard regimen of 15 injections.
When protracted course of repeated infection rate of 10-14 days.
2. In chronic viral hepatitis B, C, D drug is administered to the standard regimen of 10 injections and then the maintenance dose three times per week for three months as part of combination therapy. Recommended in combination with interferons and chemotherapy.
3. In HIV infection (stages 2A – 2B) course of 10 injections for the standard regimen and then the maintenance dose once every three days for three months. Repeated courses are held in 10 days.
4. When herpes infection rate of 10 injections for the standard regimen. When you save a replicative virus activity continued treatment with the maintenance dose administration once every three days for four weeks.
Side effect of Cycloferon
If any of the undesirable effects mentioned in the instructions are compounded or you notice any other unwanted effects not mentioned in the instructions, inform your doctor.
Information about the overdose of the drug is absent.
Interaction with other drugs
Cycloferon is compatible well with all the drugs conventionally used in the treatment of these diseases (interferons, chemotherapeutic drugs, etc.).
It enhances the action of interferon and nucleoside analogues. It reduces the side effects of chemotherapy, interferon.
Cycloferon does not affect the ability to drive. In diseases of the thyroid gland should consult endocrinologist. Perhaps staining of urine in the violet-blue (luminescence).
Release form of Cycloferon
The solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration of 125 mg / ml in 2 ml ampoules of colorless or brown glass. On the vial label affixed adhesive. 5 vials in blisters of a polyvinylchloride tapes. Blisters heat-sealed with a cover film or aluminum foil or open. 1 blisters with instruction on use in a pack made of cardboard.
Storage conditions of Cycloferon
In a dry, dark place at a temperature of 0-25 ° C. Freezing of the solution during transportation at low temperatures does not change the properties of the drug. Thawed at room temperature, the drug maintains its biological and physico-chemical properties. When you change the color of the solution and the formation of a precipitate use of the drug is invalid.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life of Cycloferon
Do not use beyond the expiration date printed on the package.
Conditions of supply of Cycloferon from pharmacies